We have found over the years that we provide the most value to clients who share the following beliefs regarding the utilization of assessments to inform learning & development activities for their personnel:
- Context is Critical
- If you believe that assessing your people with an assessment tool that measures the same competencies for all employees without regard for their specific job role, the strategies & plans they are executing or their job level- we recommend you find another partner to work with.
- If your managers do not need to have a role in determining the competencies to configure & assess- we recommend you find another partner to work with.
- Observed Behaviors are Key
- If you believe that the attitudes expressed by employees are more insightful in understanding competencies than direct observation ‘on the job’ of their execution of competencies- we recommend you find another partner to work with.
- Understanding the Readiness to Execute the Organizations Plans is a Priority
- If you are more interested in the external benchmarking of generic indices than measuring your organizations readiness to execute the strategies and plans which are funded- we recommend you find another partner to work with.
- Share Assessment Details
- If you are comfortable making decisions regarding which development activities to undertake without having access to detailed assessment results- we recommend you find another partner to work with.
If you don’t share these beliefs as you consider implementing an organizational assessment- we are not a ‘good fit’ for you and we can recommend alternatives for you to consider.
On the other hand if you share our view that these beliefs are key to both gaining engagement for conducting an assessment and taking action on the results generated- you should consider speaking with us.